- Proceedings of the 24th Topical Conference on High-Temperature Plasma Diagnostics
- “Evaluation of a collisional radiative model for electron temperature determination in hydrogen plasma,” S. Vinoth, E. Evans, C. Swanson, E. Palmerduca, S. Cohen, Review of Scientific Instruments 93, 093503 (2022) https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0101676
“Simulating single-particle dynamics in magnetized plasmas: The RMF code,” A.H. Glasser and S.A. Cohen, Review of Scientific Instruments 93, 083506 (2022); https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0101665
- “A diagnostic to measure neutral atom density in fusion-research plasmas,” A. Dogariu, S. Cohen et al, Review of Scientific Instruments 93, 093519 (2022); 10.1063/5.0101683
“An analytical approach to evaluating magnetic-field closure and topological changes in FRC devices,” T. Ahsan and S.A. Cohen, Physics of Plasmas 29, 072507 (2022), https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0090163
- “Interpreting ion-energy distributions using charge exchange emitted from deeply kinetic field-reversed-configuration plasmas,” A.H. Glasser and S.A. Cohen, Physics of Plasmas 29, 052508 (2022), https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0089430
“The effect of rigid electron rotation on the Grad-Shafranov equilibria of a class of FRC devices,” C. Swanson and S. Cohen, Nuclear Fusion, Vol. 61, No. 8 (2021), 10.1088/1741-4326/ac0f96
“Direct Fusion Drive for Interstellar Exploration,” S. Cohen, C. Swanson, … G. Pajer, S. Thomas, and M. Paluszek, JBIS, Volume 72, No. 2, February, 2019, pp. 37-50
- “Fusion Propulsion and Power for Extrasolar Exploration”, S. Thomas, C. Swanson, M. Paluszek, S. Cohen, S. Turyshev, IAF Space Propulsion Symposium, International Astronautical Congress, October, 2019. IAC-19,C3,5-C4.7,10,x52968
- “Particle-in-cell studies of fast-ion slowing-down rates in cool tenuous magnetized plasma”, Eugene S. Evans, Samuel A. Cohen, and Dale R. Welch. Physics of Plasmas 25, 042105 (2018); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5022188
“Using Poisson-regularized inversion of Bremsstrahlung emission to extract full EEDFs from x-ray pulse-height detector data,” C. Swanson, P. Jandovitz and S. Cohen, AIP Advances 8, 025222 (2018)
- Thrust Modeling and Space Power papers at the 2018 AIAA Propulsion and Energy Forum
- “Fusion-Enabled Pluto Orbiter and Lander,” Stephanie J. Thomas, Michael Paluszek, Samuel Cohen, Nick McGreivy, and Eugene Evans, AIAA Space Forum, September 2017.
- “A direct fusion drive for rocket propulsion,” Yosef S Razin, Gary Pajer, Mary Breton, Eric Ham, Joseph Mueller, Michael Paluszek, Alan H Glasser and Samuel A Cohen, Acta Astronautica, Number 1, pp 145–155, December, 2014, also from IAC 2012.
- “Passive Superconducting Flux Conservers for Rotating-magnetic-field-driven Field-reversed Configurations,” C.E. Myers, M.R. Edwards, B. Berlinger, A. Brooks, and S.A. Cohen, Fusion Sci. Technol. 61 (January 2012) 86-103.
- “Formation of Field-reversed-configuration Plasma with Punctuated-betatron-orbit Electrons,” D.R. Welch, S.A. Cohen, T.C.Genoni, and A.H. Glasser, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105 (2 July 2010) Article No. 015002
- “The Princeton FRC Rotating-Magnetic-Field-Experiment RF System,” C. Brunkhorst, B. Berlinger, N. Ferraro, and S.A. Cohen, Abstract for the 22nd IEEE/NPSS Symposium on Fusion Engineering 2007 (SOFE2007), 17-21 June 2007, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- “Formation of Collisionless High-beta Plasmas by Odd-parity Rotating Magnetic Fields,” S.A. Cohen, B. Berlinger, C. Brunkhorst, A. Brooks, N. Ferraro, D.P. Lundberg, A. Roach, and A.H. Glasser, Phys. Rev. Lett. 98:14 (6 April 2007) Article No. 145002.
- “Onset and Saturation of Ion Heating by Odd-parity Rotating Magnetic Fields in a Field-reversed Configuration,” A.S. Landsman, S.A. Cohen, and A.H. Glasser, Phys. Rev. Lett. 96:1 (13 January 2006) Article No. 015002.
- “Resonance and Chaotic Trajectories in Magnetic Field Reversed Configuration,” A.S. Landsman, S.A. Cohen, M. Edelman, G.M. Zaslavsky, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation 10:6 (September 2005) 617-642.
- “Regular and Stochastic Orbits of Ions in a Highly Prolate Field-reversed Configuration,”A.S. Landsman, S.A. Cohen, and A.H. Glasser, Phys. Plasmas 11:3 (March 2004) 947-957
- “Ion and Electron Acceleration in the Field-reversed Configuration with an Odd-parity Rotating Magnetic Field,” A.H. Glasser and S.A. Cohen, Phys. Plasmas 9:5 (May 2002) 2093-2102.
- “Ion Heating in the Field-Reversed Configuration by Rotating Magnetic Fields near the Ion-Cyclotron Resonance,” S.A. Cohen and A.H. Glasser, Phys. Rev. Lett. 85:24 (11 December 2000) 5114-5117.
- “Maintaining the Closed Magnetic-field-line Topology of a Field-reversed Configuration with the Addition of Static Transverse Magnetic Fields,” S.A. Cohen and R.D. Milroy, Phys. Plasmas 7:6 (June 2000) 2539-2545
- “Method To Reduce Neutron Production in Small Clean Fusion Reactors,” S. Cohen, US Patent Number 9,767,925 issued 9/19/2017.
- “Method To Produce High Specific Impulse and Moderate Thrust From a Fusion-Powered Rocket Engine,” S. Cohen, G. Pajer, M. Paluszek, Y. Razin, US Patent Number 9,822,769 issued 11/11/2017.
- “In Space Startup Method for Nuclear Fusion Rocket Engines,” Paluszek, M., Ham, E., Cohen, S., and Razin, Y., US Patent Number: 10,811,143 issued 10/20/2020.
- “Fueling Method for Small, Steady-State, Aneutronic FRC Fusion Reactors,” S. Cohen, D. Stotler and M. Buttolph, U.S. Patent No. 10,811,159, issued 10/20/2020.
- System and method for reducing heat loss from FRC bulk plasma, S. Cohen, US 11,164,681, issued 2021-11-02
- System and method for small, clean, steady-state fusion reactors,
S. Cohen, D. Stotler and M. Buttolph, US 10,923,236 and 11,322,265 issued 2/16/2021 and 5/3/2022